Thursday, July 16, 2009

Girls Morning Out!

This morning, I went on a Girls Morning Out with some of my favorite people...Mama, Granny, and Hope.  I was super excited to get to hang out, eat, and get pampered together.  The morning started by a visit to St. Francis Hospital.  A good friend of ours, Sharon, has been in the hospital for almost a month from a sudden case of Pneumonia.  It has left her bed ridden and caused her to get blood clots in her legs. She is now having to start occupational therapy in order to move her arms and legs like normal again.  I think that it was a good time for us to just go and encourage her and lift her spirits.  Please keep her in your prayers as she continues to recover. After our visit, we headed out to Tips -n- Toes to get pedicures.  This is by far one of my favorite things to do.  When I was in college, I got to go get my toes done all of the time, but now that I am teaching, I usually don't have that much time to go.  I figured we would have to wait for quite a while for all 4 of us to get a pedicure, but we went right on in and sat down.  I always love going to nail places and listen to them talk in another language the whole time.  I know that they are probably all secretly talking about how nasty our feet really are.  I actually had my nail lady to ask me about my Jesus fish tattoo on my foot.  It was a neat little time to share with her that it represented my Christianity and faith in Christ.  Another lady also thought I was 16 years old and that Hope was way too blonde to belong to all of us brunettes. Needless to say, we had a great time.  Since Granny and Hope were starving we decided on a fabulous lunch, P.F. Changs! It was absolutely delicious! We left lunch to go to Whole Foods Market. I absolutely loved it there and would love to shop for groceries there all the time if I had all the money in the world.  But I don't have tons of money, so I spend what money I have at ol' Bilo. Anyway, I loved all of the different fruits and vegetables they had, some of which I have never even heard of or seen.  I ended up coming home with a few goodies though.  I brought Quinn some Pistachio crackers, sweet potato chips, and a baby seedless watermelon. Sadie got some sweet potato dog treats herself.  I love the grocery store way too much! Still waiting on my trip to the Farmer's Market before the summer is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment